Sunday, March 29, 2009

East Village Comix


I put out another EV Comix Zine with Sarah Perry Stout. Its the silliest least practical thing to do so of course being my naturally extremely guarded self its my main talking point. Last night Sarah Darryl and I went to PassOut Records and saw some punk bands, plus Mike Diana had an exhibit. I've heard his name a bit, turns out he's this comic book type artist who caught some court cases in Florida for obscenity. A couple of people were filming him but I was conversationally bellowing a couple of feet away so I hope they had a good recording system. Thank you, thank you all so much for supporting me with your tax dollars so I can go to shit like that and do a zine. And also watch a LOT of television - for so many years I missed out with no cable, and now I'm already  up on the No 1 Ladies Detective Agency on HBO - people from Boston are taking short bus trips to catch some of the relative psychic warmth in Brooklyn and NYC. I wish I had some stacked up incubators with cable piped in that they could all catch a nap in.

No comments: