Friday, June 6, 2008

EV Comix Opening

This image came out sideways, it's my favorite from my new comix zine, by jim smith - the Gallery Opening was a smash, Juggernut performed his winning number "A Woman's Ass!" on the sidewalk with loud Run DMC Era Beats, wearing a shoddy nut costume, then Moonshine sang the theme song to "Unicorn Planet", prefacing it with a folksy introduction. The children seemed a lot less scared of Moonshine, and even chanted the story and song along with him intermittently, in an entranced manner.
Mary Reilly, frequent blogger and zine contributer, read on the sidewalk, rapid poetry from her rapid mind, and Jen from the Fools did two soothing acoustic numbers. Touchingly, Jen looked at me like "Is it OK now?" and "Is one more number OK?" and for that 5 minute interval I was the administrator for a small patch of sidewalk. Now if I was in Art Graduate Theory I might say I was reappropriating public space, but the Grants just aren't rolling my way, people, so I won't bother to say that. Plus I would have to spell it first, and I can't use spell check effectively on here.

No comments: